Arduino self balancing robot – Update #6
This is another update on my self balancing robot project.
#Update 6 – 14/04/16:
- I decided to change the title of all the updates related to the self balancing robot, as the previous “ball balancing robot” title can be pretty misleading.
- I programmed the robot that uses PID to balance itself, with the code reference from this repo: https://github.com/JJulio/b-robot
- Shifted the MPU6050 below: Somehow it response better than being place on top.
- Robot is able to stay stable for only 2s?
- Still tuning the PID parameters.
In many tutorials I found online regarding self-balancing robot, many of them placed their sensors as low as possible. Since previous attempts of balancing the robot while placing the sensor above the robot have failed, I decided to place the MPU 6050 as low as possible.
When I placed the MPU6050 lower, the robot seems to be able to response better compared to placing up on top.
For the PID tuning, I refered to this guide: